top of page
Mon, Dec 14|
Meatless Monday Cooking Demo
Meatless Monday Cooking Demo with Dr. Jen and her hubs Ben
Registration is ClosedSee other events
Time & Location
Dec 14, 2020, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM EST
About the Event
Join Dr Jen and her hubby Ben as they show you one of their favorite meatless meals that is quick and easy...
One-Pot "Sausage" and Peppers PastaIngredients
for 4 servings
- 1 lb farfalle pasta, or any short pasta you have on hand
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 hot italian beyond meat sausages
- 3 sweet beyond meat italian sausages
- (Can substitue for 1 frozen bag of Gardein Italian sausage)
- 1 red bell pepper, large, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, large, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, large, diced
- ½ white onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 28 oz diced tomato
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil, add a generous amount of salt, and cook pasta 2 minutes less than the package instructions.
- Strain pasta and set aside. Toss with a small amount of oil to prevent sticking
- In the same pot, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and fry sausages, working in batches as needed, until deeply browned on all sides.
- Remove sausages, slice in ¾-inch (2 cm) rings, and set aside.
- Sauté all of the bell peppers, onion, and garlic for about 2 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, all of the spices, and the sausage slices to the pot.
- Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add the pasta back to the pot and stir gently until all the ingredients are coated in the sauce. Continue simmering until pasta is al dente.
- Serve with grated parmesan.
Meatless Monday with Dr. Jen
bottom of page