top of page
Mon, Nov 02|
Meatless Monday Cooking Demo
Join Nadia for a meatless cooking demo! These are meatless meals and treats you and your family will love :o)
Registration is ClosedSee other events
Time & Location
Nov 02, 2020, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM
About the Event
This months recipes will be sure to delight you and your family! Feel free to cook along with Nadia! Recipes and Ingredients below:
Carrot Miso Ginger Soup
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- ½ large onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1½ teaspoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free miso paste
- 1 teaspoon finely sliced green onions, divided
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, divided
- Heat 1/4 cup water in a large deep saucepan over medium heat. Add carrots, onion, and garlic, and sauté until the onion begins to be translucent, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add broth and ginger.
- Cover and cook on low heat until carrots are tender when pierced, which will be about 20 minutes.
- When the soup is done, use an immersion blender or high speed blender to blend until smooth.
- Divide into two portions – one portion in a bowl to serve immediately and one portion in a container for lunch tomorrow.
- Garnish each with ½ teaspoon of sesame oil, green onions, and sesame seeds before consuming.
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup plant milk like almond or soy milk
- ½ tbsp maple syrup or date syrup
- Fruit for topping like wild (or regular) blueberries, sliced strawberries, raspberries
- Optional variations include adding cacao powder or nut butters
- Add chia seeds, milk, and sweetener to a mason jar or bowl. Shake or stir and let it set for at least an hour, or overnight.
- If the pudding is too thin, add more chia seeds to thicken.
- Add fruit of choice and enjoy!
bottom of page